Wednesday, November 7

A thoroughly aggravating day, at least at this point. After waking early, and giving me hopes of some good solid naps as a result, Joseph would only sleep for ten minutes at a time - until he finally conked out into a deep sleep - about thirty minutes before I had to rouse him to go pick up David. Aaargh. I guess God didn't want me to do what I'd planned to do today, but instead wanted me to sit on the couch and read The Story of a Soul by Therese of Liseaux, instead, while Joseph alternately rolled around in his playpen or belly-crawled around the living room, basically ignoring his toys and instead attempting frequent sneak commando raids on his three favorite targets: the wires under the stereo, the fireplace implements, and one particularly attractive electrical outlet. A reason for all things, I must keep believing.